Welcome to the Whittier Library!
The Whittier Library has a regular library schedule for
Whittier students, as well as open checkout times for students who want
to visit the library more frequently.
We have a new system this year: the majority of classes check out library books every Fridays. If your child is a quick reader, please encourage them to return book(s) any time during the week (there is a bin outside the library). This allows for faster restocking, giving other children an opportunity to read a great book!
Parents: I hope you will take a moment to stop by the library to
introduce yourself, enjoy our beautiful library — and sign up for a library card. After all, our library
isn't just for students and staff. It's a place for all members of our
school community to cultivate a love of reading and learning for
pleasure or knowledge.
Library Due Dates and Fines:
All library books may be kept for 2 weeks before being marked as overdue. Students may renew books unless another student has placed the book(s) on hold.
There are no fines for late books, but students with more than one overdue item may not check out additional items until overdue materials are returned.
Lost or Damaged Materials:
In the event that a library book has been lost or damaged beyond repair, we ask that families pay for the book or replace it with a new or gently-used copy. Most titles can be found at your favorite local bookstore or online vendor. Please speak directly with the librarian prior to purchasing a replacement.
- Always walk in the library.
- Make safe choices.
- Be respectful and courteous to classmates, teachers, volunteers, and guests.
- Treat books, equipment, and library furnishings with care and respect.
- Help to create a relaxing and enjoyable library experience for everyone by using a quiet voice.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Stay focused in order to do your best work.
- Use shelf markers when browsing.
- Return materials on time so you can check out more books.